As most of you know, Derrick and Dawnna tied the knot on March 8, 2010 (Derrick's 30th birthday) in Las Vegas. I can't believe how my mom, Brian, dad and the rest of us pulled off such a sweet and special celebration for the two of them. We arrived on Sunday (yes, we drove 6 1/2 hours with the boys) and met up with everyone. What a fun reunion! My dad surprised us and brought his brother, Michael too. I haven't seen him in about 6 years. I don't know how long it has been since my mom has seen him, so she was tearful and happy.

Uncle Mike, Grandma Barbara and Bob.

Mmmmmmm.....ICE CREAM!

Their last night as single people.

This was most of the group. Mamita and Dawnna's boss and his family came the next day for the wedding.

Sweet little wedding/ birthday cake.

My mom and I loooooove girlie things like make-up, hair, dresses, weddings, jewelry, etc. We were so happy to help Dawnna look her very best on her special day. She looked absolutely beautiful and she is such a natural beauty.

We had to get this shot on the way to the Wedding Chapel.

My sweet brother, getting ready for the big moment.

Dawnna's little boy, Chase, was so great during the ceremony. They decided to include him by "marrying" him as well. They had a special ring made and Derrick read something very beautiful that he wrote to him. The officiant then asked Chase a series of questions and he was to answer "I do". He did an incredible job and at one point answered "I do." before he was even finished with the question. It was priceless.

Dawnna's shell bouquet that I made for her :)

My brother couldn't control his emotions and he reminded me so much of the little boy I will always remember him as. But at the same time, he was so grown up. I've never cried (sobbed) at a wedding like I did on this day.

Mr. and Mrs. Derrick Tate!


Pops has a total of 5 grandsons now ;)



She is wearing my beautiful veil.


This picture is so cool.

My baby brother is all grown up.....sniffle sniffle.


Raise your hand if you think this adorable scene created a lot of attention in the casino? Eli and Thad have another cousin that they absolutely adore.
Congratulations Derrick, Dawnna and Chase! You are a beautiful family and I'm so happy for all of you.
1 comment:
Beautiful Bethanni ~ totally enjoyed the blog and the wedding.
Looking forward to seeing everyone soooooooon. Auntie Susie
Post a Comment