Monday, July 19, 2010

Bittersweet- but mostly sweet

Just wanted to let everyone know how well the girls are doing. They are gaining 1-2 ounces/day, nursing once a day, AND taking a bottle. Before they can come home, they need to be able to have all 8 of their feedings by mouth (bottle or breast). Right now, Lydia is at Step #2 which means she takes 2 bottles in 24 hours. Elise is at Step #1 (she is working on finishing 1 bottle). It's a very tiring skill to learn for early babies. There are 8 steps. They need to be able to master the skill of sucking, swallowing and breathing all at once. I know you are all wondering when they will be able to come home (so are we). It is up to Lydia and Elise. We can't put a time frame on it. They are making excellent progress though and personally, I think they are very gifted ;)
Daddy's Little Girls

Proud Grandma Hany
Proud Pops
They are so calm and peaceful when they get to snuggle like this.





Meanwhile, back in naked little boy land....

Eli and Thad finally got to meet their little sissies on Saturday. They were so cute! Eli said, "Whoa, she has a small head!" Thad said, "Lilila and Leese".

OMG! I have 4 children!!!
I miss my babies so much. This is such a weird feeling to not have them with me (inside or out).

No comments: