Thursday, July 8, 2010

Our Baby Girls

Welcome to the world Lydia Rose Hoffman!!! Lydia was born on July 5th, 2010 at 6:24 a.m. weighing 4 pounds 2 ounces and she was 17 3/4 inches long.
Welcome to the world Elise Tate Hoffman!!! Elise was born July 5th, 2010 at 6:30 a.m. weighing 4 pounds 1 ounce and she was 17 inches long.
What a surprise it was to go into labor on the fourth of July! I really thought I had at least one more month to go. I guess my baby girls wanted to meet us sooner rather than later :)
Both girls are doing well considering their early exit from my womb. Of course I would much rather have them cooking in there than struggle out here. But they are in excellent hands and are getting the best care there is. I'm not gonna lie, this is very hard. I want nothing more than to have them home and in our arms. I'd rather be nursing them and holding them close. But I know that these days will fly by and we will soon forget how hard it was.

Elise



Lydia




Ryan, Eli, Thad and I are truly blessed to have these little stars fall from the sky and into our lives. In case you didn't know, Eli is our moon, Thad is our sun and Lydia and Elise are our stars. We are so very lucky. The girls will stay in the NICU for approximately 3 weeks. They need to be able to feed from a bottle and have regular breathing and temperature levels. All of this is very normal for babies born at 31 1/2 weeks.

1 comment:

Rebecca Unfried said...

Oh my goodness, what precious pictures and beautiful babies Bethanni!! You and the babies are in my prayers as you go through these few hard weeks of them at the hospital.