Monday, August 31, 2009

Pearly Whites and Happy Campers

Eli got an A+ at his first visit to the dentist on Friday morning!!! Eli watched as I got my teeth cleaned first and he slowly became curious about the little button that moves mommy's chair up and down, the white spit sucker thingy that I kept putting in my mouth and the tiny little mirror that Debbie, our wonderful hygienist was using to look at my teeth with. By the time it was his turn, he was fearless and ready to go! Phew!!!
the white spit sucker thingy...

the cool little mirror they used to count his teeth (there are 12 of them)...

He even let her polish his teeth.

He rinsed and spit.
Wonderful Debbie :)

Dr. Becker came in and checked out the chompers as well. What a relief to find out that our little Eli has a healthy mouth AND he did an EXCELLENT job in the dentist chair. I was a proud momma.

Now, on to our camping trip at Turlock Lake with Pops, Uncle Derrick, Dawnna, Chase, and Claire (Dawnna's dad). This was the first time taking the boys camping and it was the most fun experience ever! I think I'm going to plan our next camping trip tomorrow already. We were dirty and happy and the boys loved playing with Chase in Pops' boat. In fact, Eli wants one for Christmas (a real one). Our campsite was right next to a beautiful river that was so nice to swim in especially because it was about 102 degrees on Saturday.

Mmmmm...waammmeennnemmm. FYI- Don't let your child eat too much watermelon. I won't go into too much detail about this but I think you know why.

You would never know that this was Pops and Chase's first time meeting. Dawnna and Chase fit right in...how can you not fall in love with that little boy???

Kicking it

New fishing poles for all 3 boys!

Gonna go try it out.



Eli is so much like his Uncle Derrick.

and then there's this little one (he says lillol one)...


Sunday at the lake. Claire and Thad relaxing in the shade.

My dad took Derrick and Ryan out on the tube first. He showed no mercy with those two and they went flying off quite a few times. It was hilarious. Dawnna and I went for a ride next and flipped off once. I had to hold on to the handle with one hand and my bathing suit with the other so that nothing flew out of my suit ;)

My little Lion King

Thad and Ryan went on a really slow ride.

My sleepy tent campers this morning
Ohhhhhhhhh....I think you all know what I'm thinking. Yes, you guessed it. I love my family. There. I said it. Again.

Thank you Pops! We had so much fun camping with you this weekend!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It really was so much fun! Can't wait to do it again!

The Paskins said...

I love that you said "I love my family," no matter how many times you've said it before. I think the same thing everyday!

(Well, in between tantrums...)